Subject: PAR export
From: Thomas Desmond <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 15:40:04 -0500

I need to do some compositing in LW of some PAR-recorded frames and I 
want LW to import the frame sequences directly from the PAR via the 
Imp/Exp feature of the PAR 2.5 software, but try as I may I'm having no 
luck.
   The first time I made this inquiry to this list I got some 
responses, (thanks to those who posted me), advising me to 
turn on the "Translate" function and to make sure the format 
type was set to IFF.  I tried that, but no luck.  
   Someone else recommended adding a suffix ".0" to the base animation 
name.  Again, no luck, even though I tried many suffix variations.
   Strangely, I was able to get this thing to work once by adding the 
suffix ".0000" to the base name, but as each frame was received by 
lightwave, the little message that tells what LW is doing during a render 
(which is seen at the lower left of the RGB monitor) said that the frame 
that was being loaded was frame blabla.00000001.  
   Naturally, I don't care what the message says as long as the process 
works, but unfortunately it only worked that once, and never again.
   I'm using LW3.5 and PAR2.5.  Help!

Tom Desmond